Thursday 14 October 2010

Buffy and Angel's Claddagh Rings

I was tidying up the Buffy T-Shirts page (and adding more props) when I stumbled over the Claddagh ring again. Discovering how poor the quality of the relicas apparently is, and finding that there were many perfectly good version, that simply didn't have 'Buffy' in the title, I had to make a page. And here it is.
In the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel gives Buffy a ring, as a symbol of his love. That ring was a Claddagh ring - an old Irish wedding ring that is very popularly worn today between couples. Angel already had one of his own, a remnant of his Irish heritage.

Oooh, time for a 'related pages' link dump. (actually, more seriously, I didn't realise how MANY Joss Whedon pages I'd written and I need to sort out my new niche a little :D ) 
...meanwhile, my cat is warbling at me for attention and is sneakily oozing off her blanket and onto my actual quilt. Because she likes killing me with sneezing.





featured lens"...and then Buffy killed Edward" - the T-shirt



Most of the internet has heard of Twilight. Many of these people have also heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Some enterprising people have put these two contrasting vampire fandoms together - best of all in the amazing remix video, that began by ask...

featured lensFirefly and Serenity T-shirts and Trivia



Firefly was an iconic television series, directed by Joss Whedon, that was tragically and infamously cut off in it's prime by Fox. More recently the loose ends were somewhat tied up with the film Serenity. Firefly is a science fiction western story...



featured lensBuffy the Vampire Slayer T-Shirts



Willow: There's a Slayer handbook? Buffy: Wait. Handbook? What handbook? How come I don't have a handbook? Willow: Is there a t-shirt, too? Cause that would be cool.... -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "What's My Line, Part Two" If you are looking for....




featured lensWould Buffy Stake Edward?





This page has been written partly in gratitude to the video featured below, and partly because the subject seems to be lacking here - and because I feel it is a statement that needs to be made. Buffy would stake Edward to dust. Thrash him from Sunnyd...



featured lensOnce More With Feeling





This page collects all the songs from Once More With Feeling in handy listening format - as well as some other related bits and pieces, such as songs from the cast's musical careers. Once More With Feeling is one of the greatest episodes of Buffy the...



featured lensBuffy Fanart Portraits





This page collects my ongoing collection of portraits and fanart of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am a huge fan of the series, and have been repeatedly inspired to draw the characters - starting with Buffy herself, of course! I'd...



featured lensBuffy Vs. Angel





Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoff series Angel are two very good television shows from Joss Whedon. Both revolve around the title characters - who play bit parts in each other's shows. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was more fun, had a great team...



featured lensIllyria from Angel





Illyria is a former Demon King - an original pure demon from the Primordium Age, from the times before man dominated the Earth, and demons ruled. Mighty and all-powerful, and one of the most loved and feared of all the Old Ones, she/he/it was betraye...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment