Friday 3 September 2010

Vampire Cake Recipe

red Just in time for Halloween, I've finally managed to wrassle a few sentences of sense of of an old stained manuscript. Enough sense, put together with my personal research, to write up the history of vampire cakes and begin to translate the care and creation of this delicacy.

A distinctive cake, it has a dark, dusty texture and a biting flavour with an iron tang, this traditional recipe has a fascinating history and a wide variety of regional alternatives.

You can read more about the types of vampire cake, and how to stop it disintegrating, along with my slow and careful translations of the actual recipe here on my Vampire Cake lens. I strongly recommend it, it's just perfect for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment