Friday 5 November 2010

French Maids and Graphic Novels



aurora french maid beauty belle beast disney femslash lesbian fan art Another X-Arielle comic. I am seriously starting to want to draw these myself (but then, I am easily influenced and far too easily inspired :D )

Huh. I have free time. I keep forgetting that. I'm having trouble adjusting... but then, I've only been free for a couple of days.

*shakes fist at impending Semester 3 of long distance class of DOOM*

Re-read the mangas Doll and Lady Snowblood last night. I've been writing up my favourite graphic novels of all time, and wanted to reread them to make sure I'd summarised them aright (and hadn't overdone the maturity warnings I'd put into the descriptions :D )

I'd forgotten how much blood and sex was in those books. it was all very traumatising. I better reread them again and count the number of times Yuki isn't wearing clothes *innocent* - for the sake of the review! *strikes noble pose*

I've created a Recommended Graphic Novels quick-list page, and I've started up a blog to review each title properly: Good Graphic Novel Reviews


These are some of the books I'm reviewing

• Watchmen by Alan Moore
• Sandman by Neil Gaiman
• Elfquest by Wendy and Robert Pini
• V For Vendetta by Alan Moore
• Fables by Bill Willingham and Lan Medina
• A Distant Soil by Colleen Doran
• Lady Snowblood by Kazuo Koike
• Gunnerkrigg Court by Tom Siddell
• Girl Genius by Phil and Kaja Foglio
• Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon, Dean and
Nathan Hale
• Strangers In Paradise by Terry Moore
• Doll by Mitsukazu Mihara

...and I just found this awfully fun dissertation on DeviantART looking at The Kindly Ones in the Sandman books. EDIT: YUS. It got a Daily Deviation. I am confirmed in having awesome taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment