Sunday 19 September 2010

I'm Writing This With Tears In My Eyes (Was Your Gmail Hacked Yet?)

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to London, United Kingdom for a short vacation.unfortunately,we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash and credit card were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Well I really need your financially assistance..Please, let me know if you can help us out?

Am freaked out at the moment!!

[My name].


Does this look familiar? I hope not, but an increasing number of people are getting this email from friends and family, colleagues and that random guy in high school who you really should take off your contacts. If someone you know uses Gmail, you may get this message.

I was told this story at work last week - a friend of one of my colleagues had this happen to them; they still haven't gotten back into their account.

And a couple of days ago it happened to GreekGeek, who (naturally, being a Squidooer) wrote a very good lens about their hacked Gmail


What happens next? They change the password locking you out, and all the backup options and secondary emails and send a message out to your entire guestbook - that message above. Should somebody care enough about you to reply, they'll be asked to send money. For much better explanations and what you can do about this (...there's very little), make sure to read "My Plight" - My Gmail Was Hacked, And I'm Not Alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment